Occasional ruminations concerning painted pages, hand bound books, the use of photos in journaling and the contemplation of various other pursuits.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The things we do for love.......

Did you ever see a blue-footed boobie?  They are fun birds with (of course) bright blue feet.  The mating dance of these birds is fun to watch as they jump and move around trying to attract the mate of their choosing.  They live on rock islands in the Sea of Cortez and also in other areas of the world.

When I found these pictures of the birds in a magazine, I just had to cut them out and use them on a journal page.  The pages were first painted with acrylics and scraps of paste papers were added.  I have not yet written anything, but will do so when the time is right.

I smile when I think of our trip to the Sea of Cortes on a small ship. Every evening the naturalists would discuss what we did/saw during the day. One night, the Petersons came out with bright blue socks, long beaks tied to their heads, and tail feathers flapping.  They began the evening talk by doing the mating dance of the boobies.  It was a hoot.

Bye for now.....off to go shopping.   I think I need to find some bright, royal blue socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment