Occasional ruminations concerning painted pages, hand bound books, the use of photos in journaling and the contemplation of various other pursuits.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

January..Get Rid of Clutter Month...


This is only one end of the art space.  There is a ton more if you turn around...if you really could manipulate photos that way. Well, I guess with computers one could do that, but I don't have time to figure all that out.

I have already gotten rid of 120 iris cart drawers of stuff. I thought I was going to be killed by the avalanche of 8 sections of iris carts which were 12 drawers high...with two shelves on top of all of that.

 5 "reams of paper" boxes of stamps and piles and bags of more stuff are now gone.

I do have some happy friends.  Angie got the Big Bite.  Connie got all the metal embossing tools. Janet loved the storage boxes and drawers. Kelly got the Pan Pastels.

There comes a time in one's life that down-sizing is REALLY important. One's brain just doesn't work as well as it used to.  Now WHERE did I put ........?  What is THIS for?

Am I going to move to a smaller place for my later years?  I cannot really leave all this for the daughter to handle....can I?  "American Pickers" of the art world where are you?

How can I possibly let ...........go? 

It is more difficult that I thought it would be to figure out what I really do, and therefore, what I really need.

Here's some metal.....Michael?? Leighanna?

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on the cleaning! I can only imagine how difficult it is to choose what to keep and what to send on to others! It will be great when you're finished!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to start on this. So hard to believe you have already got rid of so much and yet still have so much to go through, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hear ya Marcy...in the prep for the move we have taken 22 SUV loads to Goodwill so far.. and we are not done. "Stuff" really does begin to own you instead of the other way around. Thanks for the post, it gives me even more motivation to get rid of more stuff! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!! I'm jealous.......will come do mine when you're done?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girls were the beneficiaries of lots of stamps too...they loved them. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  7. More power to you, Marcy. At least it seems you are organized to start. If not, trying to reduce and clean is like treasure hunting. So many goodies that just are too good to get rid off but not what you want to work with right now. And of course when the time is right you can't find them again, augh.
    Best of luck and keep up the good work.
    doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers! You put the capital S in "stuff"! I know what you mean about the memory thing...sometimes I am literally shocked when I stumble upon something I totally forgot I had. And then I wonder why on earth I acquired it...!

    ReplyDelete